2022 Food Safety & Sanitation Workshop Program / November 8-9, 2022
By Washington State University Extension
The Food Safety & Sanitation Workshop addresses basic sanitation as well as cutting edge issues related to food sanitation and food safety. Topics having broad interest are covered in the general sessions. There are more specific subjects discussed in small breakout sessions, with basic and advanced tracks available. For the full schedule, please see the program posted online.
Registration open now. / $275-$300
2022 Virtual Dairy Sheep Symposium / November 9-10, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
By Dairy Sheep Association of North America
The Symposium will take place over two half-days: Wednesday, November 9 and Thursday, November 10 (both days 12 pm – 4:30 pm Eastern time / 9 am – 1:30 pm Pacific time).
The North American sheep dairy industry is a small but growing sector of the agricultural economy. The aim of DSANA’s yearly symposium is to address topics of interest to all those who raise and milk dairy sheep, craft sheep’s milk cheeses, yogurt, or other sheep dairy products, or engage in dairy sheep research or product sales.
Topics to be covered by various speakers at this Symposium include:
- Understanding somatic cell counts in dairy ewes
- How milk quality impacts cheese yield
- Raising dairy ewe lambs from breeding to 1 st freshening
- Sheep’s milk gelato/frozen yogurt production
- Drying off dairy ewes at the end of season
- Parasite control in dairy sheep
- Lifetime effects of heat stress on the unborn ewe lamb
- Video farm tours will also be shown during the course of the symposium.
The Symposium is free to all DSANA members. Non-members may register for $75 and receive a free DSANA membership for one year.
Registration open now. / $75 non-member; free to members.